- Frozen fruit
- Edible oil and oilseeds
- Stuffed pastry products
- Edible grains and Rice
- Grain milling industrial products and malt
- Fresh and dehydrated vegetables dried beans
- Natural plant spices(Seasonings)
- Nuts and seeds
- Fresh&Dried Fruits
- Unroasted coffee&cocoa beans
- Special Dietary Foods
- Functional foods
- Eggs and egg products
- Meat and meat products
- Aquatic products
- Aquatic Animals
- Bird's Nest
- Bee products
- Non-edible animal products
- Traditional Chinese medicine
- GACC Evaluates CA
- Cotton Supplier Registration
Cotton Supplier Registration
Registration Category: Registration of Suppliers of Imported cotton.
HS Code 5201000001
CIQ Code (13-digit customs code) 5201000001999 Uncarded cotton (including defatted cotton (within quota))
HS Code 5201000080
CIQ Code (13-digit customs code) 5201000080999 Uncarded cotton (including defatted cotton (except for temporary tariff quota))
HS Code 5201000090CIQ Code (13-digit customs code) 5201000090999 Uncarded cotton (including defatted cotton (except for quota))
Supplier (enterprise applying for registration): refers to the seller listed in the contract or invoice of export to China, which can be the cotton planting, processing, production, warehousing enterprises, or trading companies.
Conditions for overseas suppliers:
(1) Having the legal business qualification of the country or region where it is located;
(2) Having a fixed place of business;
(2) Has a stable source of supply, and has a corresponding quality control system;
(4) Familiar with China's import of cotton inspection regulations.
When applying for registration, the following written materials shall be submitted to the GACC:
(1) Application form for registration of overseas suppliers of imported cotton;
(2) Notarized documents certifying the qualification of lawful commercial operation;
(3) Organization chart and business site plan;
(4) Materials related to the quality control system;
(5) Letter of quality commitment.
The above materials should be provided in Chinese or Chinese and foreign languages, and there should be a valid seal of the supplier or a legal person's signature.
The details are as follows:
(1) The application form for registration of overseas suppliers of imported cotton: fill in the complete instructions in accordance with the "Application Form for Registration of overseas Suppliers of imported cotton".
(2) Notarized legal business qualification certification documents: refers to notarized business registration documents or tax registration documents, and attached with Chinese instructions, indicating the type of registration certificate, the content of the certificate, the issuing authority, the issuing date, etc. The General Administration of Customs authorizes the foreign affairs department, the official notary department or the Chinese Embassy in the region of the country where the overseas supply enterprise is located to notarize the business registration documents or tax registration documents of the overseas supply enterprise applying for import of cotton.
(3) Organization diagram: the department and organization diagram related to cotton management can be described with text or expressed with block diagram.
(4) Business site plan: refers to the address of a fixed office or processing site, a plan marked with dimensions and units of measurement, and more than 3 photos showing the above site.
(5) Quality control system related materials: refers to a series of systems and measures taken by enterprises to ensure that the quality of cotton meets the requirements of Chinese laws and regulations and contracts, improve the awareness of source control, strengthen cotton quality management, and provide operational guidance documents related to quality control, which should at least include the following documents and supporting materials. ① Evaluation of qualified suppliers and control and disposal system of unqualified products: formulate evaluation standards for selecting suppliers and provisions on how to deal with cotton that is tested before shipment and does not meet the requirements of the contract. ② Cotton quality inspection system: specifies the management departments, personnel and qualifications, equipment and measurement/calibration regulations, inspection procedures and requirements of cotton weight and quality inspection. ③ Export cotton packaging control system: It should include whether to comply with the provisions of the International Organization for Standardization ISO8115-1986 (E), the use of Marine transport of the compressor export packaging provisions, packaging materials related requirements (Cotton Cloth, PVC and other materials that can not produce heterosexual fibers) and export cotton packaging inspection provisions.
(6) Quality Commitment Letter: It includes conscientiously abiding by China's laws and regulations on inspection and quarantine of imported cotton, ensuring the effective operation of the quality control system of the enterprise, strictly performing the contract, and timely solving the quality problems in the cotton trade of the enterprise exported to China.
Customs review process:
(1) Application: The applicant shall submit the application materials to the General Administration of Customs.
(2) Accepted by the General Administration of Customs: The General Administration of Customs reviews whether the written application materials submitted by the applicant are complete. If the applicant lacks relevant information, it is necessary to inform the applicant once and ask for supplementary materials.
(3) Review and decision of the General Administration of Customs: The General Administration of Customs shall organize written review of the accepted application materials, and carry out on-site review when necessary. After examination and approval, the list of enterprises shall be announced to the public. If it fails to pass the examination, it shall not be registered and shall inform the overseas supplier in writing.
After successful registration, the Customs will issue the following:
Reminder: After the successful registration of overseas suppliers of imported cotton, the General Administration of Customs will not issue a certificate, which shall prevail the validity period of the customs announcement, and beware of being misled by wrong information.
Information required for import cotton declaration:
1. Packing list
4. Bill of Lading
5. Certificate of origin (for countries that have signed free trade agreements with China, outside tariff quotas to obtain preferential certificate of origin)
6. Plant quarantine certificate
7. Quota certificate (when required)
8. Import cotton quota Certificate of Preferential Tariff Rate outside tariff quota (provided when needed)
9. Registration number of overseas suppliers of imported cotton (in the registration list approved by the General Administration of Customs)
10. Other possible declaration elements (such as cotton quality testing report (self-or commissioned testing)), etc
Regulations on supervision of imported cotton:
1. The current sampling inspection of imported cotton by the customs is adjusted to be implemented according to the application of enterprises; When necessary, the Customs may conduct supervision and inspection.
2. The consignee or agent of imported cotton shall apply to the Customs for a cotton quality certificate issued by the Customs, and the Customs shall carry out on-site sampling, laboratory testing and issue a quality certificate after passing the on-site inspection and quarantine of imported cotton.
3. If the consignee or agent of imported cotton does not require the Customs to issue a cotton quality certificate, the Customs shall directly release the imported cotton after it passes the on-site inspection and quarantine.
No matter whether the enterprise applies for quality testing, the customs does not charge for quality testing of imported cotton.
The Customs shall, in accordance with relevant regulations, carry out on-site inspection, weight identification (according to the application of the enterprise), quality inspection (according to the application of the enterprise) of imported cotton, and issue a certificate.
1. On-site inspection
(1) Consistency inspection of cargo certificate
Check the imported cotton batch, specifications, marks, etc., to confirm the conformity of the cargo certificate; Check whether the packaging meets the relevant requirements of the contract and whether there is any packaging damage; Check whether the goods are damaged, heterosexual fibers, shoddy, adulterated and other conditions. For container loading, check whether the lead seal of the container is in good condition.
(2) Container quarantine inspection
Randomly pick up a certain number of containers to check whether there are pests, molting shells, weeds, soil, etc.
(3) Cargo quarantine inspection
Extract a certain number of cotton bales according to the prescribed proportion to check whether there are quarantine pests, soil and plant residues such as branches and leaves.
(4) Collect quarantine samples
The samples and the collected pests, miscellaneous grass seeds, plant residues and other suspected harmful organisms are sent to the laboratory for further identification.
(5) Disposal of quarantine results
Those that pass quarantine inspection shall be released in batches; Those that fail to pass the quarantine inspection shall be subjected to quarantine treatment, returned or destroyed according to the circumstances.
2. Weight identification
If the import cotton enterprise applies for weight evaluation, it will be weighed by the weighing machine within the validity period of the verification or container weight, and the weight certificate will be issued according to the weight result. The enterprise shall make a claim on the basis of the certificate of weight.
3. Sample extraction
If the imported cotton enterprises apply for quality inspection, the customs will implement different sampling schemes for imported cotton according to the quality credit level of the overseas suppliers, and take samples and send them to the laboratory for quality index testing:
The destination customs shall conduct sampling inspection on the cotton supplied by the A-level overseas enterprises in accordance with the inspection and quarantine industry standards;
For the cotton supplied by B-class overseas enterprises, the customs at the destination shall carry out an intensified inspection of twice the sampling quantity;
For C-class overseas suppliers of cotton, the customs at the port of entry to double the sample size of the tightened inspection.
4. Quality inspection
According to the provisions of the "Evaluation Method of Quality Conformity of Import and Export Textiles Textile Raw Materials Part 1 Cotton" (SN/T 3981.1-2014), the quality of imported cotton is tested, including grade, length, Micronation value, breaking strength and other items, and the quality certificate is issued according to the results. The enterprise shall make claims against the external parties on the basis of the quality certificate.
1. Is there a certificate after registration?
A: No certificate. The list published on the official website of the General Administration of Customs and the corresponding period of validity shall prevail, and the list contains the customs serial number.
2. How many years is the validity period of registration of overseas suppliers of imported cotton?
A: 3 years
3. Can it be extended upon expiration?
A: Yes, if it is necessary to extend the validity period, it shall apply to the General Administration of Customs three months before the expiration of the validity period. If no application is made at the expiration of the time limit, the General Administration of Customs shall cancel it.
4. Can an overseas supplier that has not exported cotton to China before apply for registration?A: Yes
5. If the supplier is a group company, how to apply?
A: If the supplier belongs to a group company, it can decide whether its subsidiary should be registered separately, but it should ensure that the name of the registered enterprise is consistent with the seller listed in the trade contract and invoice.
6. Does the General Administration of Customs designate a special agency as a registration agent for cotton supply enterprises?
A: The General Administration of Customs does not designate any specialized agency as the agent for the registration of cotton supply enterprises. The applicant enterprise may appoint an agent or agency on its own, and shall attach the agent certification documents in the registration materials as required.
7. What are China's laws, regulations and related provisions on inspection and quarantine of imported cotton?
A: Including the Law of the People's Republic of China on Import and Export Commodity Inspection and its implementing Regulations, the Law of the People's Republic of China on Import and Export Animal and Plant Quarantine and its implementing Regulations, the Frontier Health and Quarantine Law of the People's Republic of China and its implementing Rules, List of Imported Plant Quarantine Pests of the People's Republic of China, Measures for the Supervision and Administration of Imported Cotton Inspection, SN/T 2138.2 Inspection Procedures for Import and Export Textile Raw Materials Plant Fiber Cotton, SN/T 1512 Inspection Method for Import and Export Cotton - HVI Test Method, etc.
8. Is registration mandatory?
A: Non-mandatory, in order to facilitate customs clearance, overseas suppliers in accordance with the principle of voluntary application to the General Administration of Customs registration.
9. What basic information should be provided for unregistered supply enterprises when entering the country for inspection?
A: When the goods of an unregistered supplier enter the country for inspection, it shall provide all the information in accordance with the format and content of the documents submitted by the registered enterprise.
10. Do cotton suppliers in Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan need to register?
11. What are the requirements for entering the special supervision area?
A: Cotton imported from overseas into bonded areas, export processing zones and other special customs supervision areas shall be implemented in accordance with relevant regulations.
12. What are the circumstances that trigger the Customs to evaluate the quality and credit of overseas suppliers and make corresponding adjustments?
A: Under the conditions of the same contract, same invoice and same specifications:
(1) The number of cotton bales whose grade degradation rate is 2 or above exceeds 20% of the total number of bales;
(2) The number of cotton bales whose length degradation is 1/16 inch (about 1.58 mm) or more exceeds 20% of the total number of bales;
(3) The number of cotton bales with unqualified Macron value exceeds 60% of the total number of bales;
(4) where the weight shortage rate exceeds 3% and compensation is not made in time;
(5) The number of cotton bales in the goods which are seriously oil stained, water stained, mildewed or bound exceeds 5% of the total number of bales;
(6) The packaging of the goods is seriously damaged, which affects the transportation, handling, loading and unloading, and the number of damaged cotton bales exceeds 20% of the total number of bales;
(7) mixed with opposite-sex fibers, cotton lint, waste cotton and hazardous sundries, causing serious losses to the enterprise after verification.
13. What is the deadline for the promised review?
A: 90 days
Only published within the validity period of enterprises: